Parent Governor vacancy for Feversham College Governing Body
Nominations must be from parents or carers with a child on register at the College on the day that nominations close.
The Governing Body has considerable responsibility for the College, including:
- Setting the aims of the College and agreeing a wide range of policies;
- Holding the College to account for standards and pupils' progress;
- Preparing the annual College budget and minitoring expenditure;
- Appointing College staff
- Ensuring that the College building and other facilities are maintained;
- Keeping in touch with parents and the local community;
- Preparing an annual report for parents and holding an annual meetign for parents.
No special qualifications are needed, the most important thing is to have a keen interest in the College and be prepared to play an active part in the Governing Body's work.
More information including circumstances under which someone cannot serve as a Governor is on the right.
A nomination form is downloadable on the right. Please return it to Mrs E Brown (College PA), no later than 3.00pm on Monday 11th December 2017.